It was decided that the Cultural Procession (Shoba Yatra) will be organized as per past practice by the concerned Sub-Committee. Organizing committee desired that the practice of showering flower petals by the Helicopter on the Jhankies may be continued for which Floriculture Department will provide flowers and Deputy Commissioner Reasi shall issue necessary clearance as well as instructions in this regard for inaugural day only after considering all aspects and sending of formal timely request to the concerned Heli Operator. The arrangements will be made by the respective Sub-Committee as per following:-
- (I). Shoba Yatra-cum-Cultural Procession will proceed from Asia Chowk at 7.00 p.m from 6th October, 2013 onwards and pass through main road-Bus Stand-Yog Ashram-Hr. Sec. School, Katra.
- (II). The following arrangements will be made by Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine Board as per past practice likeChunnies(100 Nos. on complimentary basis) Pitambers (100 Nos.on complimentary basis),Tata Mobile for setting up of Jhankies and Drum Beaters. Pagries(100 Nos.) and Rossets (100 Nos.) for VIPs and other dignitaries will be provided on complimentary basis by the Department of Tourism, Jammu. Chunnies, Pagries, Pitambers and Rossets will be provided as per the daily requisition projected in advance by the Reception/Hospitality Committee.
- All India Devotional Song Competition.
It was decided that the All India Devotional Song Competition will be held at the Yog Ashram ground at 8.00 pm onward by the respective sub-committee as per past practice. The logistic arrangement made at the venue shall remain same as were last year. However, Dy. Commissioner, Reasi will hold meeting with Head of Sub-Committee to further review arrangements.
It was decided that the all logistic arrangements for All India Devotional Song Competition will remain same as per past practice:
a). Venue --- Yog Ashram Grounds, Katra.
Time 8.00 p.m onwards daily.
Final Prize Rs.1.00 lac in the form of Gold.
b). Panel of Judges will change on daily basis and for the final day judges of National Standing will be invited.
c). Barricading at venue will be done by PHE, Reasi Unit.
e). Police Bandobast/Security to be provided by SP, Katra.
f). Lighting arrangements in the premises including peripheral lighting will be arranged /provided by PDD, Reasi.
g). The remuneration to the judges shall be paid every evening after the show at the rate as per last year.
h). The Floriculture Department to make floral decoration of the stage on the final day of the competition.
- Evening Cultural Programmes by Song & Drama Division, Ministry of Information and Broadcasting GoI.
(I). It was decided that Evening Cultural Programmes by Song & Drama Division, Ministry of Information & Broadcasting will be held in the premises of the Govt. Higher Secondary School, Katra as per past practice. The representative of Song & Drama Division informed the house that this year special permission for organsing Raas Leela during festival has been accorded by the Ministry.
(II). Moreover, for the facility of artistes performing on the stage it was requested by the organizer that a temporary Public Convenience may be constructed on the backside of the stage and a power Genset of 25 KVA be provided by the PDD, Katra during the festival as backup support.
(III). The logistic arrangement for programme shall remain same as per last year like hiring of tentage services by the SMVDSB; as per the requisition of the respective Sub-Committee
- (IV). Stage, Sound and Light arrangements will be done by Song & Drama Division, Govt. of India.
- (V).Transportation for carriage of material will be provided by SMVDSB to Songs and Drama Division from Jammu-Katra-Jammu.
(VI). Transportation of artists from Jammu to Katra and back will be arranged by JKTDC, Jammu as and when required.
- (VII). The Chief Education Officer, Reasi will ensure supervision of the quality of programmes items to be presented by the school children in the Hr. Secondary premises . He will deploy teachers for organizing painting, drawing competition and yoga display besides rally on environmental awareness and quiz competition However, all the Agencies will provide logistic arrangement for the event as per the past practice. The participation certificate to be distributed among the school children / teachers be got prnted by the Principal, Hr. Secondary School, Katra as per the requirement.
- (VIII). Refreshment @ ` 30/- per head to be distributed participating in the festival programme. 50% advance of the estimated expenditure will be placed at the disposal of Principal, Hr. Secondary School, Katra by the Addl. CEO, SMVDSB, Katra.
- (IX). It was also decided that a Talent Show (Hum Bhi Kam Nahi) from Muskaan Welfare Foundation (NGO) would also be organized on 12th October, 2013 at Higher Secondary School premises Katra during the day time
- Religious Discourses/Pravachan/Bhagwat Katha:.
The Head of Organising Sub-Committee informed the house that this year also Katha Vachak Sh. Sumanth Krishan Maharaj ji (Shri Kanaiya Ji Vrindavan wale) shall be invited for the event to be held at Raghunath Temple, Katra from 2.00 pm to 6.00 p.m. daily during the Navratra Days.
Sh. Shiv Kumar Sharma, President Indian Style Wrestling Association informed the house that the event is scheduled to be held on 11th October 2013 between 12pm - 6pm in which wrestlers from Belarus, Mangolia, England & Ukraine have also been invited to participate. The President Indian Style Wrestling Association, Katra requested the Chair that the following items should also be provided for the Wrestling Competition:
- * The Addl. S.P. Katra to arrange Open Jeep and Police Band from Sher-E-Kashmir, Police Academy, Udhampur.
- * Permission to use (Vivekanand Sports Stadium, Katra) as venue for the event in advance for making necessary preparation and arrangement, it was informed by Shri Anil Sharma, Asstt. CEO, SMVDSB that the Stadium is under construction and the work on the pavilion is going on. Therefore, it would not be possible to have people sitting in the pavilion for the Wrestling competition. It was decided that organizers will be responsible for ensuring that the public does not occupy pavilion under any circumstance. In addition, since the ground is also under preparation, the organizers will take adequate care to ensure against any damage to the ground during the event.
* All allied Departments/Agencies to extend logistic support for the event as per the past practice.
- * Flowers on the same pattern of inaugural day should also be provided for inauguration of Wrestling Competition. For Showering of flowers the Deputy Commissioner Reasi shall issue necessary clearance as well as instructions in this regard and the Floriculture Department will provide flowers / petals for the same.
The Divisional Commissioner asked the organizer that the event should be well managed as a large number of VIPs are being invited by the Association. He has also directed the Department of Youth Services and Sports to depute the requisite numbers of officials for the effective management of the event.
It was decided that a Kavi Samelan on the inaugural day of Festival would be held at 7.00 pm at the Main Chowk, Katra on the stage which will be used for inaugural function. This will be a one day event only as per past practice.
It was decided that the Hasya Vyang event will be organized by the concerned sub-committee on 9th 10th & 11th October 2013 at Durga Bhawan Complex, Panthal Road, Katra. Katra Municipal Committee will provide financial assistance as per last year contribution.
The concerned sub-committee will monitor the programme and the onus of ensuring that there is no indecency/ obscenity and loose remarks passed during the comedy shows shall rest with the concerned organisers.